As HSE Manager, you will be responsible for the security and safety at the construction site and related locations. Safety and security are the highest priority for our onshore wind energy park construction site.
You will work with a large HSE and security team to promote safety and security best practices within the project team and with sub-contractors. All core management team members are hired based on their proven HSE commitment and their clear understanding that health and safety is a core part of management.
You will support and empower them with the necessary procedures, tools, feedback, performance measurements and training to deliver outstanding safety performances.
Why should you take on this challenge?
Our client is one of the largest EPC infrastructure companies in the world. As member of the international fortune 500 group this company does not work on single projects but is shaping the world to the better. Key focus of the company is on large scale green energy projects.
Despite the company size the HSE manager will report only to the project director and not into a matrix organisation. You can fully concentrate on the individual project success.
This project is a perfect next step for you if you were growing through different career steps within HSE and you are looking now for the next big challenge where you personally can make a difference.
HSE Manager Responsibilities
- At the project begin active support in supplier negotiations with priority on HSE supplier performance requirements in the contracts and orders.
- Development of project specific HSE and QA plans and systems.
- Develop and implement supplier and sub-contractor HSE plans. Integrate HSE as essential part of all supply and service contracts
- Lead a team of HSE technicians / observers to secure safety standards and behavior at the construction site
- Lead the outsourced security and paramedic functions and integrate them into an overall safety and emergency response plan.
- Plan and follow-up on regular safety inspections
- Audit and inspections
- KPI reporting and follow up
- Quality control and follow up
- Training in safe job analysis, toolbox talk and risk assessment
- Accident, incident and non-conformity reporting and investigations
- Emergency Response Plans
- Inspections (walk down).
HSE Manager Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience in civil construction, power plant or wind energy park projects
- Have good communication skills and the ability to influence and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- You must have good knowledge of legislative requirements and experience with change management
- Understanding of local regulations and dealing with local authorities
- Civil or electrical engineering education
- Hands-on approach
- Russian or Ukrainian language fluent; English language skills advanced
- Largest Ukrainian wind energy park project in the south of Ukraine
- Project start October 2018
- Contract duration 18 months with extension option for other local and international projects
- International end customer and EPC contractor
- BoP (balance of plant) works are outsourced to local Ukrainian suppliers
Clarus Eastern Europe is a German owned human resource company in Ukraine. We help international companies to enter and succeed in the Ukrainian market.
Our candidates trust us because we represent only top employers and follow their career also after the job placement. We are always available to help and advice employer and candidates and to find mutual solutions.
Customers love our service because we understand the Ukrainian market and culture. We always go the extra mile and find solutions instead of delegating problem back to our clients.
Are you as much exited as we are about this great project? Send you application to email@example.com. I will contact you within 24 hours.
Not sure yet if you are interested. Fill in your contact details and I will send you a short project summary and information about the region.